Monday, August 11, 2008

So Far So Good & My Baby is all Grown up!

Today is the first official day of Ander not having a binkie. We cut off the ends of all of them and he does not seem to want them anymore. I have been having major anxiety knowing that this day would come. i guess i worried for no reason because Ander is doing so good not having a binkie in his mouth 24/7. He even fell asleep for his nap without one. I am in serious shock. I really just hope it lasts, because who knows how tomorrow may be or even tonight. I will just keep hoping and praying that he can get over the whole "not having a binky" for good. Also, i know everyone says this, but i seriously cannot believe that Ander will be 2 years old in a week from today! He is becoming a full on toddler now! I took him to the daycare at my gym today and they told me that he could start playing in the "big kid" section from now on. How scary that he gets to just roam freely and play on all of the "big kid" toys now. He still seems too young for that to me, but i am sure he will love it, once he gets more used to it and i just need to learn to relax. Hope everyone has a good week!

7 comments:

Stephen Elison said...

wow, I can't believe that he is almost 2 either! I swear you just had him! That's great that he is doing well so far without the binky!

jen said...

I knew he would do great! Nice job. It really is crazy how fast time flies with your kids. It really does seem like just yesterday when I took Keaton with me to your house to see Ander for the first time. He sure is a cutie pie!

Liz said...

WOW! Two?!?! Crazy how fast it all goes. Good luck with the binky...I am sure he will do great. My kids always surprised me with how easy it was.

Robyn Parker said...

What a little cutie he is! I'm glad he's doing so well without his binkie - hopefully it will last. I can't wait until he turns 2! What a big boy!

Becky said...

Time does fly. It seems like just yesterday coming to the hospital when he was born!

Haskins said...

Wow almost two really? Time goes by fast! Hope he does well with the binki that would be so exciting if he doesnt miss it! Good luck!

tjneumann said...

We totally did that trick for Afton and it took 1 night and the next night she chucked it out of her crib and never looked back. Crazy! I'm glad it's working for you.