Sunday, February 24, 2008

$200 Bad Idea...




I have been wanting to get out and do something fun with Chuck and Ander and so i suggested to Chuck that we stay in a hotel one night where we can go swimming and watch movies. Chuck thought it seemed like a good idea too so he booked a night at Little America for us lastnight. We got to our room around 2:30 pm and Ander usually takes a nap at 2:00, so we tried to have him take a nap in the portable crib in our hotel room. It did not happen. Ander was too excited to be in a new place and wanted to roam around. I knew that if he did not take a nap, we would be in trouble when we went out later. We went to dinner at Z Tajas at the Gateway and it was pretty good and then i wanted some cookies at Ben's cookies and while we were waiting for more cookies to come out of the oven, Ander just wanted to run around everywhere. Both Chuck and I had bad headaches and were exhausted by the time we got to our room, and we still had not gone swimming yet. We went swimming and that was actually fun, but Ander was pretty grumpy after, since he was so tired. He finally went to sleep at 8:00 and i was so tired and not feeling well, that i fell asleep at 9:00. Chuck ended up just watching part of a pay per view movie, which was a waste of money, but oh well. Ander woke us in the morning at 6:00 am and he was yelling and whining and we were worried about the people staying next door to us, so we decided to pack up and leave. We were planning on going to their yummy brunch later that morning with my sister and her husband, but instead we left and got home at 7:30 am. So, we could have done all we did without spending $200 on a hotel room, we won't be doing that again, but at least we tried to do something different and it could have been worse.

4 comments:

jen said...

It was a $200 swimming trip. We've done stuff like that before where after we think- why did we do that? Maybe when Ander gets a little older he'll appreciate a hotel a little more.

Haskins said...

Isnt that truth! That is too funny, I am the same way I always want to go and do something and then my the end it probably would of been just of fun to stay at home, but at least you tried!!

jenjamin said...

Hey just K.I.S.S. = keep it simple stupid... that is my motto. Life is busy and kids are even busier. It is mportant to do things like that even when it is crazy and busy and more times that not, more work than anything! We are firm believers in the kids joining OUR lives and us not joining theirs, believe me with 5 kids we have had to learn that to hard way, we have had to learn how to squeeze every bit of romance from any possible situation, but if you sit back and do nothing because it is too crazy, pretty soon you'll be so bored and will have missed out on fun opportunities to do fun things like that. Chin up Girl! Let the good times roll even in the mist of caios! You'll look back soon and be glad you did it and have a fun memory. Sammy is hedging on nursury also and I am very excited! It is a hard age

jen said...

I like Jen's comment. I'll have to use K.I.S.S as our motto. Jason would kill me if I put a picture of him on the blog with his shirt off. Chuck looks hot:).