Sunday, February 24, 2008

Climbing Stairs


We finally decided it was time for Ander to learn how to climb up and down our stairs since he kept throwing things down them and we would have to keep going to retrieve them. We have had a gate up, so we took it down and slowly taught Ander how to climb down the stairs. He seemed to have it down pretty well, but then when i was in the bathroom for 2 seconds, i heard him fall all the way down the stairs. I was horrified and ran to get him and he was surprisingly just fine, which i could not believe. You would have thought that Ander would have learned something from this, but "oh no", he fell down the stairs again just a few minutes later when i was in the bathroom for 2 seconds again!! I could not believe it! I felt so bad, but again, he was just fine and was just a little scared. Of course, after that i decided to put the gate back up and give Ander some more training before we take it down again. I know almost every kid has fallen down the stairs, but it is sure horrifying to hear and see. I guess every kid has to learn some way. I have pics of Ander climbing the stairs and they are so cute, so i will post them when i can.

2 comments:

jen said...

He's a tough little boy. He's not gonna let stairs get in his way of a good time. Even if the good time means rolling down the stairs and crashing at the bottom.

Haskins said...

I always have a tough time with stairs too. It always seems they can climb up the stairs it is the going down that is hard!!