Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Ander's Obsessions/ Becky's B-Day Dinner


Ander is seriously so obsessed with his binky, bear, and bubbles. The 3 B's! He has to be holding all 3 at the same time, all the time! He is constantly saying, bubbles, bear, and duhduhduh (for binky), it is like a broken record playing all day long. I am getting to the point where i desperately want to get rid of the binky, because it is making his front teeth come forward and i think it may be affecting his speech. He also has a "freak out" if he drops it in the car or in his crib and can't find it. so i think i will be taking the binky away after Ander turns 2 (which is less than a month away) and hope that i can survive the few days after. I do love that he has his bear and binky to comfort him though, but we think he is at the age where we need to put a stop to the binky. Wish Chuck and i luck! :) Ander also loves, loves bubbles!! It has been hard to please him constantly since bubbles are not the best to do indoors, but i found these "no spill" bubbles and they have been working like a charm. I cannot tell you how many bottles of bubbles we go have gone through, and i am sure there are many more to come. They have a huge bottle of bubbles at the daycare at the gym and Ander never wants to leave when i come to get him because he wants the teachers there to keep blowing bubbles for him. It is really quite cute that Ander has these obsessions, however, they can make things a bit frustrating at times too. I would not want to change one thing about Ander's little personality though, he teaches me so much and i cannot imagine my life without him!
Also, we went to dinner tonight at TGI Friday's (without Ander, yay!) for my sister in law Becky's birthday. We have not been to dinner with all adults and no Ander for ages, it seems. so it was quite a treat. Happy Birthday Beck, sure love ya!!

6 comments:

jen said...

I've heard of kids being obsessed with binkis or blankies but never bubbles. That is SO cute and adorable. How wonderful to find the no spill kind. Where did you get them. I think Keaton would love that. I have a stain or two on my carpet from bubbles spilling. He is a cutie pie! A nice dinner with no kids is always a nice treat. Happy birthday to Becky.

Haskins said...

That is so cute!! I love the bubbles! That is so funny! He looks adorable!

Robyn Parker said...

How can anyone not love that little Ander? And honestly, who of us would not be obsessed with the three B's, given the chance? One day you'll look back on this time and laugh at how cute and silly Ander was and forget all about your frustrations.
Dinner was fun last night - even though we love our kids we need to have more kid-free time!

Stephen Elison said...

getting rid of the binky is always hard, but stick to your guns! You can do it! :o)

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Good luck on the whole binky thing, I am sure it will be tough. I stopped letting Lance have his binky outside his bed when he turned 1, and he hardly noticed. Though when I ween him off it at night, I know it is going to be awful. So GOOD LUCK!!! You'll have to give me some tips once you do it! Fun that you guys could have a night out with adults only.

JonBeckyJackMatteeStocktonSammeeDavis said...

Yay-I got to see your blog--what a nice birthday surprise--I love ya. have a super anniversary too. Tell Chuck congrats on 3 years!!