Chuck and I had the opportunity to vacation in Hawaii the last 10 days. We first went to Oahu for 2 nights to visit my parents on their mission, and then the rest of the time we spent in Kauai. We had such a great time with my parents, i was even able to spend Mother's day with my mom, that was such a treat! Chuck and i went to church with my parents and that was a really neat experience; it was in a BYU Hawaii student ward and the kids were from all over the world. It was cool to meet alot of them and attend their meetings. We also went to the Botanical Gardens, the North Shore, a beautiful look-out point, and ate some delicious shaved ice while we were with my parents. It was very nice to see them and to see where they live and what they are doing. It's sad I won't see them again for another year. I just feel so blessed that we were able to visit them; we had such a great time and i will miss not seeing them for a while. On the other hand I'm so happy for them too!
On to the rest of the trip -- we had such an amazing time in Kauai. We stayed at a really nice hotel, ate the best food at the coolest restaurants, went on the coolest, most beautiful hikes, saw an amazing canyon, went to the best beaches and had so much fun swimming, got a massage, went on a 5 hour kayak tour where we hiked to a secret waterfall and ate a picnic lunch, watched a movie on the beach and in the theatre, saw gorgeous scenery, and relaxed alot. We had such a fantastic time, the only bad part was that Chuck caught a really bad cold, i missed my little Ander a ton, we missed Dawson and Brielle's first birthday's, the flights and getting sick and throwing up from the first flight, other than that, it could not have been more perfect!! Thanks tonz and tonz to Karen (Chuck's mom) for watching and taking such good care of Ander while we were gone. We are so blessed to have been able to leave him with such a great grandma and we know it was not the easiest for her, but i know she enjoyed it as well. I hope she knows how much we appreciate her and all she does for us and Ander!
Now it's time to get back to Mountain Time (4 hours earlier!) and eating healthy. Aloha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
woooweee sexy mama. I can't believe a baby has come out of you! Your trip looks like way too much fun! I can't wait to go back to Hawaii one day!
That is so fun!!! I love Hawaii-- we almost decided to go to Kaui instead of Florida because that is the one island we have never been too. It looks so pretty!! I bet you missed Ander like crazy!! Cute pictures!
I'm jealous! How fun!
Suz - I am so happy you guys were able to go on this trip, it looks like you had a blast. You look fantastic in the pictures, as always! And the meal in one of those pictures looked so delicious! I am so happy you got to spend time with your parents as well. Hopefully you got in some good R&R!
So jealous!!! We spent a week in Kuaui last spring, and it was fabulous. It really is a gorgeous island!
I bet it was bittersweet seeing your parents, huh? At least they are serving in paradise!!
HOW FUN! and a bpmus you got to see your Ma and Pa :)
That looks like so much fun!! I love all of your pics. I am so glad that you guys were able to go and spend that time together!!
how fun! it sounds like you had a great time!!
Post a Comment