Monday, November 12, 2007

Our Amazing Little Patient!!





This morning at 5:30 am we took our little sweetie to Primary Children's Hospital to have tubes put in his ears. Ander was playing with the other kids who were also there to get tubes while we were waiting and he was being so good. When the dr. came to take him back i started crying a little because it was so sad to see him taken away knowing that he could be scared or that something could happen to him. I was so nervous and had every bad thought imaginable and then the surgery was over in just 15 minutes and we were already able to go back to be with him. The surgery went so well and of course, i worried for no reason. I cannot imagine if he had something really serious that he had to have surgery for, i would be a wreck, i do not know how people deal with that. Ander cried alot after he woke up when we went to go get him, but once we got in the car, he fell asleep and did not cry the rest of the day, what a trooper. Ander acted normal all day and ate the same as always, so i feel so blessed that he is doing well and that he did not have any bad side affects. I forgot to mention that the dr. checked Ander before the surgery and of course, he had double ear infections, so i am sooo glad that he got the tubes and i hope they help him to feel much better in the future. i am so thankful that Chuck was able to come with me for support, i needed it very much, i am such a wimp. I am also thankful that i was able to have my family over for dinner lastnight and that my brother Chris and Chuck were able to give Ander a blessing, which i think can always help. I am one blessed woman and i am so happy the surgery is over with (even though i know it really was not that big of a deal). Here are some pics of our little patient before and after the surgery. (Note the cute little hospital pajamas and Ander crying and covering his face in his teddy bear while i was holding him, so sad. :(

4 comments:

jen said...

Ahhhhh so sad that he had to get tubes! What a little trooper though. I hope he'll be sick free in 2003! I mean 2007. I hope 2007 will be heaven. I have nerd issues! I'm trying to rhyme. Thanks for all your boot help. What would I do without my stylish friends?

Cracker said...

Suzi, that is so sad!! I hate when kids have to go thru things like that! Ander is such a tropper! What a cutie! I hope he is feeling better!
ANgie

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Oh poor little Ander - what a brave guy. How long do the tubes last? Sorry I am kinda clueless about tubes in the ears. Hope they help him feel better asap.

Oh and Suz - you aren't supposed to look that perfect at 5:30 am!

THE PRINCE FAMILY said...

It is so hard to see your kids go through that. But thank goodness for tubes because Ander will be feeling so much better now. I'm so glad that all went well! It was so much fun to be with you today
Love ya
Trista