Here is the story of Sully's birth. I started having some contractions around 3pm and then they just started getting stronger and faster by the next few hours. Chuck got home from work at 5 and then we decided to get all of our bags ready and head to the hospital. We met my parents at the hospital about 6:20 and then Chuck's mom came to take Ander to our house to stay and take care of him. As soon as the nurse checked me, i was dialated to a 3 and was 80% effaced, so they decided to admit me. In no time at all, i had my IV in and then as soon as i got to my room the anesthesiologist was there to give me my epidural. This was the part i dreaded the most, but it was over to fast that i had no time to really think about it, which was good. I was really shaky from the epidural and also nervous, but that was the worse part of the whole delivery. From that point on, my sisters and parents were there the whole time. The dr. came in an hour after the epidural and broke my water and then i was dialated to a 10 at about 9. I had to wait for the dr. to help with another delivery or i could have had the baby even sooner. As soon as the dr. came back, i only had to push 4 times and the baby came out. It was such a smooth and super easy delivery, it could not have gone any better. Sully's bilirubin was a little high, but then after being checked again after we got home, it was not high enough to have to put him under the lights. That was such a relief! I feel like this has been such an amazing experience and i am overwhelmed with how blessed i have been through the whole thing. Thanks to my awesome mother in law for taking such good care of Ander for us and to everyone who have been so supportive. We love you all!!
Saturday, June 13, 2009
The Waiting is Over!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Congratulations! He is a handsome boy and you look really good. It's nice that Ander loves him too. They will have great times together.
YAY. He is precious. I can't believe I haven't talked to you since the hospital. It sounds like you are doing great. I told my mom I want to just come over and hold him while you sleep. Tricky part is getting rid of my children to do it. He is so sweet. I LOVED meeting him at the hospital. I can't wait to hold him again!
He's adorable. I'm so happy for you guys!
I wish we could come visit... we'll be there in August.
Congrats!
Congrats!!! He is so cute!! I cant believe you have two little boys! How fun! I totally agree the second seemed so much easier! He is so darn cute! We need to get together so I can hold him:)
Yay! He is so precious! truely a beautiful baby boy! I am so glad that I was able to see him today! I am so happy for you and your sweet little family!!
Congrats Suzi! He is darling. I am so glad everything went well.
Congratulations! Glad everythin was so easy!
Congratulations! He is so cute!!
Wow! what a beautiful baby! So glad he is here safe and sound and you are all healthy! We missed you on Sat. I am in town off and on until the 18th of July... I want to see you. VERY CUTE BABY!
What a darling baby!!! he is so cute. I love his coloring. I'm glad things are going good so far. When you get feeling better we need to get together.
Congratulations. I'm so excited for you. and I'm glad the delivery went smooth.
Sully is such a little sweetheart! I love how cute Ander is with him and how seriously he takes his role as "big brother".
You really should have another baby in a couple of years since you are now a birthing pro!
Suzi, CONGRATS! Little Sully is so cute and perfect. I am so happy that you had a smooth labor and delivery. When you get into the hang of things, I would love to come down and meet the little guy and hang out with you guys.
Congratulations! He is so darling! I can't wait to see him in person!
Yea! He's so cute. Love him. Can't decide who he looks like yet.
Post a Comment